Marketing Terms: How to Use Them For Your Nonprofit
Have you ever been in a meeting and hear a term and in a panic you start thinking “I should know that, but what is it?” then you just jot it down and do your research later. It’s happened to all of us at one point or another. When it comes to marketing, there are so many terms out there. We’re here to teach you the basic terms and what they can do for your organization.
Make sure all of the following are easy to navigate, up to date, and visible online:
- Social Media
- Online marketing materials- newsletters, flyers, etc.
There are many ways to improve your SEO, but we are giving you the tips you need to get started:
- Strategize your Keywords.
- Focus on the quality of your content, rather than quantity.
- Learn how to properly build links.
Ways to increase traffic to your website include:
- Creating educational content that has to do with your organization's cause.
- Use your social media accounts often. If you don't have content to post, interact with users!
- In email campaigns, use lines such as “learn more here” to drive people to your website.
To ensure you have a high conversion rate from your website make sure you have the following:
- A good database will help you track anyone who has expressed interest in your organization, anyone who is involved, and anyone who once was involved.
- An up to date website will turn viewers into users. Showcase who you are, what you do and your events coming up.
- Pixels for your social media pages will help you advertise to those who have visited your website.
How to increase engagement rates:
- Add photos to your posts.
- Post at a time when your users are active.
- For email marketing, instead of writing all details in the subject body, send to an external link. A blog, website or social media page.